Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Who I Am Grateful For:: My Mother

I realized this is NOVEMBER. The month leading up to Thankgiving, and the blog posts of all blog posts! (Every year, I post 100 things I am grateful for on each Thanksgiving day.) Why is this such a realization? Well, I've been wanting to show more gratitude to those who have touched my life.

As such, in the month of November, I will post a post per every day (so by the end of the month, I will have posted 30 people I am grateful for). Not just what I am grateful for, but WHO I am grateful for. I'll save the what's for Thanksgiving Day.


                                           Here is the first: My Mother


Mother,
                 You are a saint.
You don't just live and take care of your kids along the way...
                               You live for your kids.
You would give your life for us,
           to protect us from harm.
              AND
I've seen the way you give up SO much for me....
                       for all of us.

You sacrifice TIME, money, sleep....
in return
you get:


     gray hairs             STRESS

           headaches           worries!
                           no sleep        medical bills    


but HEY!

you have like a million quilts now, right??
And they're hand quilted. THAT is awesome.
Wish that could make up for the HOURS spent in hospitals
and plane flights.

                                      But mother. I love you.
You come home from quilting early, so I don't have to be alone.
When I am throwing up, you sit next to me.
When we make soup, you make me laugh.
You sleep in uncomfortable hospital chairs, so I don't have to sleep alone.
You text me and tell me you love me.
You make me smile when i've had a bad day.
When I hit other cars in the parking lot, you act like its no big deal
(even thought i know you're freaking), because you know I am freaking out.
You work when I am in school to help me pay for tuition.
You pay for my groceries, when I run out of money.
You always buy me more than I need, because you know it makes me smile.
                                       So mother, I love you.


You are the absolute best mother.
Rain or SHINE.
Smiles or tears.

YOU are the best.
No doubt about it.

I love you, Thank you....
For every thing.
The BIG THINGS, and the small.
They have meant more than you know.

- J

4 comments:

  1. Agreed. We have the best mother in the entire world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww..I think that post almost made me cry. That was way sweet. :) Love you jenna!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree too. Our mom is the bestest in the whole wide world. :)

    ReplyDelete