Friday, November 19, 2010

Who I Am Grateful For:: Jesse Wride

When asked who my
BEST friends are...
Well, I have a list.

Me, Lorin, Austin, Jesse, Kaylee, Court @ Chili's


             There is one person who always makes the list:
                                                           Jesse Wride.


My first j.wride concert ever

                      Yes, he's the lead singer and piano player
                                   for j.wride (my FAVORITE band)!

Jesse, Court, Me

I am grateful for his music because it has helped me through all my tough times. I am grateful for j.wride because they've been a constant in my life since spring 2009.

                 But that's not the only reason why I am grateful for him.


j.wride @ Pirate Island Pizza

This is why I am grateful for Jesse Wride:

                    Jesse understands me.
                When I have a hard day, he listens.
                   He always knows exactly what to say.

Jesse believes in me.
         When I give up on myself,
He reminds me why I should keep trying.

                 Jesse cares about me.
                     When I feel like no one even knows I exist,
              He treats me like I mean something to him.


Austin, Me, and Jesse

Jesse gives up everything to help his friends.

I am grateful for Jesse because he is loyal.
              I've witnessed first hand
                      the things he is willing to do for his friends.

Example: Jesse let me and my cousin/twin Jon open for j.wride.. 
WE invited family and friends, and it was a remarkable night for us.
            I've never felt more talented or special
                                than when I was on stage singing at Muse.


Example: Jesse organized a benefit concert for me. 
He actually just started it as a goodbye concert for me.
And when it turned into a huge concert,
he donated the money made to help with medical bills.
He doesn't know how much that meant to me.


Jesse, Court, Me (right after my shoulder surgery)
             Jesse has a talent...
Far greater than his musical talent  
(his gorgeous sax playing, his majestic piano playing, and his jaw-dropping voice) ...
This talent is one that is both rare and remarkable.

Jesse's talent is in his ability to make every person feel as if they are important. Whether it is in his music relationships, or in his friendships- it is evident. And it's not that he just makes people feel important, they way he treats people proves that he actually believes in people.

Court, Casey, Jesse, Me, Austin, Kailee
I wish there was a way I could prove to Jesse how much he means to me.
For now, I'll just have to say how grateful I am,
and hope that eventually I can prove it.

Someday I hope to be half the friend
Jesse Wride has been to me.

And if I am even half what he has been...
I know I'll be an incredible friend.
Cause he's as amazing as they come.
Honestly.
He's done SO much for me.

So, thank you.
For everything.

And for all those times I didn't say "thank you"...
I apologize. 
But, I thank you- from the bottom of my heart.

- J

1 comment: