Saturday, December 18, 2010

Today I Am Happy About...

"Firework"
by Katy Perry



Pay attention to the lyrics... Especially these:

Do you know that there's still a chance for you?
'Cause there's a spark in you!
You just gotta ignite, the light, and let it shine-
Just own the night like the 4th of July.
'Cause baby you're a firework,
Come on, show 'em what you're worth.

You don't have to feel like a waste of space
You're original, cannot be replaced
Even brighter than the moon 
It's always been inside of you
And now it's time to let it through

I never really 'got' the song, to be honest. Until I watched the music video last night, and I finally understood what the song is saying. And what it means... everything she is saying.... It makes me happy. I love this song because it proves something- Life is hard, and it WILL knock you down, but if you find the light, and the strength within, you can make it.

There is always going to be a chance for you. If you feel worn down, and knocked over, don't give up! You can do this... Show the world what YOU are worth. You can shine.

So, Katy Perry, touche... 
You made a song that actually meant something.
Thank you for the message shared. It actually moved me.

- J

2 comments:

  1. I've been playing this song on repeat since I read this post. It makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that song. It's been my favorite one for like the past month :)

    ReplyDelete