Saturday, January 16, 2010

Seize the Day - Carpe Diem

Recently the topic of who I am has been running through my mind. I see others around me so happy, so passionate, and I forget sometimes to realize that the little things in my life actually do make me happy. And the key to that happiness is just asking myself the questions I ask those around me everyday. I ask "What is your name?", "What is your major?", "Who do you want to be?", or even a simple "Tell me about yourself.", or "What are your goals in life?" Why haven't I ever thought to ask myself those simple questions?! Amy Lacrosse reminded me that it is possible to not only find your own personal inspiration, but inspire others. Sometimes its the smallest things that make the biggest difference.

The future depends on what we do in the present. - Mahatma Gandhi

How often do we stop and just enjoy a moment, or stop thinking and stressing and just focus on all the blessings we have right here in front of us? In the TV show Community a professor challenges each student to seize the day. One of the characters tries to fake seize the day to get his A. The professor tries to tell him that until he really seizes the day, for him, not for the grade, he won't be free. Today I tried to seize my day to the best of my ability. According to that professor, I may have only received a C, but I have time to improve.

"Of course, there will always be those who look only at technique, who ask 'how', while others of a more curious nature will ask 'why'. Personally, I have always preferred inspiration to information."

I will post every day one thing not only about myself, but the "why" behind it. I hope you too can find some inspiration in the little things, and remember- good happens.

- J

No comments:

Post a Comment