Saturday, January 23, 2010

Dreams


Have you ever had a dream? Ever wished so hard something would come true that sometimes you think that the impossibility might actually be possible? Ever feared that the one thing you've always dreamed of becoming a reality will shatter and disappear before you even have a chance to appreciate it?

Pope John XXIII said,

"Consult not your fears but your hopes and your dreams. Think not about your frustrations, but about your unfulfilled potential. Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in, but with what it is still possible for you to do."

What a profound statement, yet a message we refuse to focus on because we are too focused on our failures. A good friend of mine stopped me mid-sentence the other day with a firm voice. He told me never to think like I was thinking. I was assuming I had already failed, that there was no point in trying because I had hit my limit. With a concerned and loving tone, he looked at me and reminded me of a post I previously had written saying that who I am was good enough.


“Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through.

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing,

the dream that you wish will come true.



Never let yourself give up on dreams because you never know how that dream will affect you, or how you might affect the world. I know it sounds cliche, but think of the thousands of people who had a dream and made that dream become a reality. And now think of how that dream made them who they were, and how that dream changed the world. Martian Luther King, Jr. said, "I say to you today, my friends, even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American Dream." He had a dream, and look where that dream took us!


William Arthur Ward:
"If you can imagine it, you can achieve it.
If you can dream it, you can become it."

Anything is possible if you just believe... If you can imagine a better life, if you can see a better future, you can make that dream of a better future a reality if you just let yourself dream, let yourself believe.

Mark Twain:
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions.
Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too,
can become great."

You are already great- but you can become even greater. Remember, you are already good enough the way you are, but don't let being good enough stop you from being great. Anything is possible, everything is within your grasp. Remember to dream, because without dreams, nothing can happen. And without a dream, how are you going to make something great happen? Dream!


I hope you too can find some inspiration in the little things, and remember- good happens.

- J

No comments:

Post a Comment