Sunday, January 17, 2010

My Inspiration (and the 'why' behind it!)

Throughout one's life they ask themselves, or others ask them, "Who is your inspiration?" I know there are a million answers to this question. The question is whether or not I can identify the individuals who have made me who I am today.. I think I will choose my top 5- the five people that I look up to much more than they may ever know.

1. My daddy- I don't know, no, I know exactly why my daddy is number one. He balances his church callings, family responsibilities, work, personal spiritual enhancement and service towards others. It says a lot about a person that before they head to bed at night, after an extremely long day of hard work, they sit down, open their scriptures and study. As much as I love how balanced my daddy is, that is not the only reason why he is number one. I think my dad is the most hilarious man in the world. He makes me laugh even when I am trying to be all sad and angry at the world. He just makes me feel loved and happy.

I hope to be able to be half the man/person my father is.

2. Jesus Christ- Even if you think this answer is cliche, give me a chance to explain. He is the perfect example to me, and an even bigger inspiration. He knew his purpose, and he didn't put things off because he was tired, or in pain, or sick of being made fun of. He got up in the morning and did something. And those somethings he did changed the world, and changed people's lives!

I hope to be able to inspire others through perseverance and dedication.

3. Sister Wetherford- This marvelous lady was my teacher in primary when I was very very little. She died exactly one month before my 8th birthday/baptism, and would have been the one to give my baptism talk. I don't remember much about what she said or did, but I know how much love she had, and how she made everyone feel like a part of something. She really is an inspiration.

I hope to be able to loved those around me by including those who feel left out.

4. President Erickson- I feel like his was one of those fragile glass figures that you couldn't touch when you were little but always dreamed of touching. This man, I feel, is incredible. He serves and loves everyone he comes in contact with, and not because its something he should do, but rather because its something he wants to do.

I hope to be able to dedicate my life to serving others.

5. My mother- No, I am not putting my mother in the top 5 because I put my daddy, she gets in the top 5 on her own merit. All the time while growing up, I'd be in church and the teacher would ask someone in our ward who exemplifies service. Atleast one person every time would say my mother. Of course I agree, but I would like to change it and say the reason she inspires me is because of her sacrifice. This woman sacrifices for others every day, she really changes people's lives in the most meaningful and remarkable ways. She doesn't just give up when life gets hard- life is just harder when you do that. Not only does she sacrifice for others, but for each of us in my family. She works extra hard to help me pay for my schooling. Who could ask for a better mother? Not I. My mother is amazing.

I hope to be able to sacrifice for the greater good, to help others.





It is my hope and desire that you think of the 5 people who inspire you. Who do they inspire you to become? Why do they inspire you?

I hope you too can find some inspiration in the little things, and remember- good happens.

- J

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Jenna, these are amazing inspirations, I really loved reading them. That really makes me want to make my own list of 5 people who inspire me to be better. It's a good thing to think about. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete