Tuesday, November 1, 2011

As Per Tradition

Every year I write a list of what I'm grateful for, and don't repeat any over the years. Well, this year I'm doing it a little different. I will be posting each day during the month of November something I am grateful for. This will be the first.

Today I am grateful for food. Seems simple enough, right? Did you know there are 925 million hungry people in the world today? And in 2009 that number was 1025 million undernourished people. How often we take for granted our food...

I am grateful that I have the luxury of going to the store when I need food, that I can then afford the food, and that I can eat whenever I am hungry. I no longer will take food for granted. It's something I couldn't live without, and something I am lucky enough to have.

What do you take for granted??

- J

No comments:

Post a Comment