Saturday, April 1, 2017

Tidbits from This Week :)

March 26th

There's no point of being anyone BUT YOU. You are the only one who can be you perfectly. I'm done trying to be everyone else; time to just be me. #smithfamilygoesraw #rawisreal #beyou

March 28th

I love this.
As I watched, I thought about the men who stopped to help this woman. Many would've been too focused on getting a personal best or been so concerned with their pain or exhaustion that stopping wasn't even an option.
But, two men stopped. They helped her until she couldn't go on. Another man comes back to assist and carries her... right in front of the finish line. He helps her finish on her own two feet.
In life, how often are we so focused on ourselves that we cease to see that there are others who need assistance? How often do we "pause to help and lift another" just to make it all about us (consciously or unconsciously)? I know I am guilty of "serving" others but in reality, I am more focused on myself than the person I am serving.
I say we all try a little harder to be a little better-- to our friends, family, strangers, those we love, those we judge or despise, and those we haven't even crossed paths with.
#sharethegoodness #helpinghand #bemorelikethem #tryalittlehardertobealittlebetter

March 30th

Being pregnant and feeling more "morning sickness" than almost everyone you know (that's ever been pregnant) is HARD. It often feels WAY too easy to mope, cry "why me?", get depressed, and be SO selfish.
Today we were a bit late for our flight (not super late just "right on time"). We were kindly let into a shorter security line at the SLC airport so we could catch our flight. As we are walking through the line hectic as can be, there was a mom trying to juggle her little ones and all their stuff-- she had an 16 month old boy and a little 1 month old girl. Kids that small can get carried through the old school security scanners and this mom had both babes to get through and I immediately stopped thinking of how crappy I felt and what I had to throw away (because it was considered a liquid and over 4 oz) before continuing...
I asked to help. I helped her grab a few things. I took her little boy (she said "oh he's heavy", so cute) and I carried him through and held him while his mom got her baby and all their stuff organized and put together.
I will not lie, I started crying, kind of sobbing actually, because I was so overwhelmed with life and stressed out, but I held that babe until this mom "got it".
Moral of this story:
Yes. I am often super selfish. No, serving someone else didn't magically solve my stress or how overwhelmed I felt. But, looking back over 12 hours later... I am grateful that God put me in her path. Life is hard. It's never intended to be "easy". But we are all going through hard times each day, if we can do something small to help ease someone's burden or help someone over a hurdle they are facing, isn't that what we should do?
#spreadthelove #sharethegoodness #serve #love #tryalittlehardertobealittlebetter

No comments:

Post a Comment