Saturday, April 1, 2017

My Own Personal Spin Team

Days like today (and yesterday), I am reminded of the good in life. I am trying to be my own personal "spin team" (aka referring to Parks and Rec's campaign spin team for Leslie Knope). I am trying to make a positive spin on everything not so positive and make a super positive spin on things already semi-positive. Life is too short to spend any time regretting things, focusing on the negative, or being anything less than optimistic. Life isn't always great. But it's not so bad either.

When I started watching Parks and Rec, I never thought I'd actually learn something from it. But I was SO wrong. I have learned how caring A LOT about something and never giving up on your dreams can make all the difference. Aka, if I want to be happy and have success, my best option is to pursue my own dream. I loved my undergraduate studies. I loved working in the recreation field. I love working with people. I love learning about someone's strengths and perceived weaknesses, reminding them how their weaknesses can also be strengths.

No one has to settle. No one has to be content with being less than happy. We all have ups and downs. We can't prevent something "bad"from happening just by being "good" people. Life will happen. BUT, how we react to that will make or break us. If something unfortunate happens, we can either embrace the fact that it happened and move forward, or we can let it break us or destroy us.

If we choose to find something (a) to learn from, (b) to be grateful for, or (c) to be positive about in every situation, we are going to be okay. We will be sad at times but we will be able to work through the hurt and will BE STRONGER individuals as a result. We can be better parents, spouses, children, friends, colleagues, etc. simply by turning everything that happens into a moment of growth.





If you feel you are down on your luck, if you are concerned you are on a losing streak, if you just can't win....

#1 you are NOT alone

#2 try to think less about the bad and instead focus on the little things.

We will be okay, even if at times we feel we don't stand a chance. There's more to be grateful for in our own lives than we realize.

No comments:

Post a Comment